Gosia Kryk was born July 1974.
I graduated from the Academy of Fine Arts in Gdansk. The specialisation I took up studying was design. Over time I found that making stuff up or altering the status quo of existing objects from everyday life wasn't quite the way I liked to put my mental effort to use , so I decided to channel myself into oil painting.
The purpose of my work is to attract the attention of those who have this insatiable taste for good art.
I personally think my painting is distinctive and rather special. I am not interested in following trends, I want my creativeness and whatever comes out to be truly my own.
My perception of painting is, I think, a reflection of my conscious and subconscious mind. I prefer using my instinct and imagination to existing projects in order to develop a capability of using them in an efficient way.
It is a winding path I follow in order to retrieve something special from “the deep unknown”. Therefore as I start a new piece, without knowing what is going to happen next, I feel as if I was on a mysterious journey. I feel like an explorer, an interpreter of my own intricate imagination. Personally I believe the process of creation in oil technique is like designing a new landscape. For me it’s about conjuring a misty picture into existence.
The background of my artistic activity isn’t smooth, in fact it resembles a battlefield. This peculiar sensitivity of mine combined with strokes of colour constantly clashes with the blurred vision swirling in my head .
Over time I have found painting an everlasting struggle for the ultimate solution. My purpose is to keep an innovative and individual way of self expression. Being in a state of emotional engagement in work is a gift I do cherish and enjoy.
• Collective Ex. Kings Hill May/September 2012 - Kent
• DMH London 23rd March/10thMay 2012 - London
• Palace Art Fair Fulham Palace Bishop's Avenue - London: 7th - 9th October 2011
• Palace Art Fair Fulham Palace Bishop's Avenue - London: 8th - 10th October 2010
• The Affordable Art Fair Battersea Park - 2010 - London
• Knapp Gallery / Regent's Park - Regent's Collage - 1st December 2009 to January 2010 London: Knapp Gallery
• THE CHRISTMAS SHOW - 26th November to 24th December 2009 London
• SUMMER MADNESS SHOW - 13th August to 26th August 2009 - London
• Colomb Art Gallery - 2009 - Marylebone / London
• The Affordable Art Fair Battersea Park - 2009 - London
• The Christmas show - 2009 - London
• The Affordable Art Fair Battersea Park - 2008 - London
• SUMMER MADNESS SHOW - 12th July to 11th August 2007 - London