Gosia Kryk was born July 1974.
She graduated from State Art Secondary School in Naleczow and Gdansk Academy of Fine Arts.
During her studies the artist chose oil painting as a way to express herself. Years of designer’s work however have influenced strongly her idea of creation. Her oil painting process aims towards a
two-dimensional piece of applied art. The artist’s works are neither telling stories nor manifesting any social or political point of view. Despite her openness when painting she remains silent in a particular way.
A dialog between the viewer and the work takes place at the level of emotions induced by associations.
She concentrates on technical issues, colour composition and aesthetics of the picture.
“I do not paint only for myself, I do not need to. I don’t want my art to be reserved only for hermetic artistic circles. I would like to wake up sensitivity to beauty in people watching my art. My purpose
is positive perception of it without any hidden meaning. I do not forget my emotions and needs.
I paint as I feel it not doing anything against myself. I hope to have found my space in the whole diversified world of art… Respect and gratitude for all the people, who make the point in working for them happily.”
• Palace Art Fair Fulham Palace Bishop's Avenue - London: 8th - 10th October 2010
• The Affordable Art Fair Battersea Park - 2010 - London
• Knapp Gallery / Regent's Park - Regent's Collage - 1st December 2009 to January 2010 London: Knapp Gallery
• THE CHRISTMAS SHOW - 26th November to 24th December 2009 London
• SUMMER MADNESS SHOW - 13th August to 26th August 2009 - London
• Colomb Art Gallery - 2009 - Marylebone / London
• The Affordable Art Fair Battersea Park - 2009 - London
• The Christmas show - 2009 - London
• The Affordable Art Fair Battersea Park - 2008 - London
• SUMMER MADNESS SHOW - 12th July to 11th August 2007 - London